I’ve finally perfected my simple raw chocolate recipe. After lots of trial and error (welcomed by me and friends) I think I have it.
70g of cocoa or cacao powder (no added sugar)
6 tbsp of melted coconut oil (I prefer Vitacoco Coconut Oil)
Agave syrup/honey to taste ( I usually use less as I love dark chocolate)
- Melt the coconut oil and mix with a little sweetener.
- Add in the cocoa, taste and add more sweetener if desired.
- Place some baking paper on a tray (depending on how chunky you want the chocolate will determine how big your tray is)
- Pour out your mixture and sprinkle on desired toppings. Such as goji berries, cherries, raspberries, raw caramel sauce, desiccated coconut, almond flakes, bee pollen if you’re brave and fancy a digestive and immune system boost with a kick of protein.
- Place the tray in the freezer and leave for about 30 minutes. If you can’t wait that long just leave it in the bowl, stir in the toppings and grab a spoon! Or use it as a homemade chocolate sauce. This recipe is thicker so if you fancy a runnier sauce just use the same ratio of cocoa to melted coconut oil in a cup, ie. half a cup of cocoa to half a cup of melted coconut oil.